In this episode you will hear:
• A hero from zero (part 2)
Marek Probosz – a Polish success story in Hollywood, where he came for a short visit in 1987 as a big Easter European star – film, television and stage actor in his native Poland with more than 50 starring roles and numerous awards, known across Eastern Europe as the “De Niro of Poland”(part 2 of the interview),
• Polish-Jewish roots turned life mission
Peter Jassem – the head of the Polish-Jewish Heritage Foundation, a dynamic organization in Toronto. An accomplished architect in his day job, he has devoted over a decade of his life to this labour of love.
• Kraków through the young lens
Philip Zave – a Toronto artist shares his impressions from Kraków and Auschwitz.
• What shocks foreigners when they visit Poland
Wolters World – Mark Wolters travels the world and shares his observations on his YouTube channel. This one is on Poland.
Also in this episode:
• Niceties vs. directness in the English and Polish languages
• “Smacznego! Eating Polish” – the amazing summer soup “chłodnik”
• Updates: Tomasz Kozłowski and Andrzej Rozbicki and his “Music and History” program
• An interesting Polish music connection.