In this episode you will hear:
- About a Canadian from a Chinese family who got fascinated with Polish history and who feels really at home in… Warsaw
- About November the 1st being a very special day for Poles
- How a Polish passport helped a Canadian photographer get into places in Afghanistan that are inaccessible to others and what came out of this.
• Nathan Tang is of Chinese descent, a student of Polish history in Poland, now doing his PhD in Paris, talks about his love for Poland
• Gabriela Maj, a Canadian Polish photographer in Dubai, talks about 5-year work on her critically acclaimed “Almond Garden” showing women’s prisons in Afghanistan
Also in this episode
• “Smacznego” – Peter and Laura Żeranski’s series on Polish food: the farmer’s cheese.
• All Saints’ Day in Poland – the tradition of visiting graves and the charm of Polish cemeteries
• The Forbidden Songs (Zakazane piosenki) and their role throughout Polish history