In this episode you will hear:
- About a three-language play based on the poetry of Polish Nobel Prize leaureate Wislawa Szymborska premiering in Toronto.
- About the only Polish military cemetery in North America.
- About a musician’s fascination with Polish Renaissance and Baroque music.
• “This Is Why We Live” – a play based on Polish Nobel prize winner Wislawa Szymborska’s poetry staged by Toronto’s Open Heart Surgery Theatre
• Magdalena Tomsinska, an accomplished Canadian musician of Polish descent, talks about her love for early Polish music, the lute and her unique research
Also in this episode:
• “Smacznego” – Peter and Laura Żeranski’s series on Polish food: the applie pie.
• Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada, home to the only military cemetery in North America
• The finch – one of the most popular birds in Poland