In this episode you will hear:
- How Polish patriotic songs can be made interesting to the 21st century audiences
- Are young Poles any different from their Canadian peers?
- How Poland features in the largest North American festival of Jewish culture – Toronto’s Ashkenaz Festival.
• Ola Turkiewicz, a Polish Canadian vocalist and composer, who lives in Poland, talks about concert “Poland” featuring patriotic songs in modern arrangements to be held in Canada
• Eric Stein, artistic director of Toronto’s Ashnekaz Festival, talks about Polish-Jewish themes at this year’s festival
Also in this episode:
• “Smacznego” – Peter and Laura Żeranski’s series on Polish food: veggies polonaises
• Świstak – a marmot, an animal living in the Tatra Mountains
• A Canadian’s impressions from Poland