In this episode you will hear:
- About Lilac Girls and what this mysterious phrase has to do with Poland.
- How Canadian teenagers of Polish descent are passionate about Poland
• Martha Hall Kelly, an American writer, talks about “Lilac girls”, her book on New York philanthropist Caroline Ferriday, who helped WWII medical experiment survivors
• Canadian and American born elementary and high school students compete in a contest checking their knowledge about Poland – in the Polish language!
Also in this episode:
• Why adults study Polish in Toronto? A student’s story
• Janusz Żurakowski – a Polish pilot from the Battle of Britain and aerobatic pilot, who was an aviation pioneer in Canada with the Avro Arrow program
• The charm of visiting the medieval city od Kraków in its famous horse drawn carriages