In this episode you will hear:
- How a 3 year old boy’s amazement at a grand piano in a shop window led to an international music career
- Why Poles are getting a car ready for Tom Hanks
- How a community spirit can change lives of refugee families and bring people together.
• Daniel Wnukowski, a Polish Canadian artist living in Vienna, reflects on his musical career from a child prodigy to an international pianist
• Polish Canadian author Eva Stachniak talks about the Roncesvalles Refugee Relief, a Toronto neighbourhood group sponsoring refugees and helping them adapt
Also in this episode:
• “Smacznego” – Peter and Laura Żeranski’s series on Polish food: dill soup.
• Tom Hanks’s fascination with a “Small Fiat” – Fiat 126, a legendary car of Poland’s communist era