In this episode you will hear:
- About a Canadian writer who authored two books about the role of Poles in the New World – a tribute to Eddie Zawadzki
- What it’s like to grow up in a family haunted by trauma – a book by a Polish American writer
• Eddie Zawadzki, Canadian writer, journalist, broadcaster, sports commentator, author, died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 57. This is a tribute to him.
• Donna Solecka Urbikas, an American author, talks about her autobiographical book “My Sister’s Mother: A Memoir of War, Exile and Stalin’s Siberia” and her family’s history.
Also in this episode:
• “Smacznego” – Peter and Laura Żeranski’s series on Polish food: fruit flavoured vodka
• Wroclaw (the 2016 Culture Capital of Europe) – a city of gnomes which can be found all around the city
• The white-tailed eagle – the symbol of Poland